Welcome to Morning Coffee With Abba! This blog is my platform for writing about my faith, and recovery from mental health disorders. My hope is that something that I write connects you with Jesus. But, even if it doesn’t I hope that you enjoy reading my musings.
This year my word for focusing on is FREEDOM. As well as a writer I’m also a faith-based artist. So this is my ‘word’ for 2020 for both of those things.
When I chose my word for the year I got rather creative with it:
- Faith – Freedom to express and develop my faith
- Recovery – further freedom in my recovery
- Empathy – developing a freeing level of empathy towards myself and others
- Experiences – freedom to build on my experiences and learning
- Discipleship – freedom to develop as a disciple
- Opportunities – look for opportunities to develop freedom and build-up disciples
- Money – freedom to make a living doing what I love, in order to have the financial freedom to bless others
Since choosing my word I’ve started to see it everywhere – in Bible study notes, in meetings, in my Bible readings, and even while listening to USB 2 and their ‘Word for the Day’.
Last Friday I was really pumped up. I had had two evenings of good meetings where I felt filled with the Holy Spirit. I then had a very spiritually powerful drive to and from Gloucester. The two Scripture verses that kept coming to me last week were:
- ‘Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside (be free from?) every weight, and sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of God.’ (Hebrews 12: 1-2 NKJV)
- “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” (John 8:36 NKJV)
I’m so excited to see how God has planned to set me free in 2020, as I walk ever closer to Him.
Stay tuned to see this develop! Blessing, Hannah